14 Foods to Help You Lose Weight
1. Nuts — Especially nuts high in omega-3 fatty acids and protein like almonds, cashews, and pistachios. Avoid salted or caramelized nuts.
2. Eggs — Especially egg whites, a great source of protein.
3. Spinach or Kale — One cup is low in calories, yet packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber that are great for your body (especially when you’re trying to lose weight).
4. Oats — High-fiber steel-cut or rolled oats will keep you fuller longer.
5. Beans — Black beans, edamame, green beans, Anazazi beans, etc. are all a great source of fiber that will keep you fuller longer.
6. Berries — Berries are high in antioxidants, which help fight off diseases. All berries are good for you: Acai, strawberries, goji berries.
7. Fish — Fish are low in fat and a good source of omega-3s.
8. Hummus — Made from beans, hummus is a great substitute for ranch dressing or mayo. Also a great sandwich spread or veggie dip.
9. Ground Turkey — If you’re trying to cut back on your fat intake, ground turkey is a lean source of great protein.
10. Avocados — They are a great source of fiber, packed with vitamin B, K, and E), and can help lower your cholesterol.
11. Whole Grains — High-fiber whole grains are linked to a reduced risk of stroke, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
12. Pomegranates — Low in calories and high in fiber, a handful of pomegranate seeds is a great way to curb sweet cravings.
13. Peppers — Full of antioxidants and vitamins, they add a little spice and color to your dishes. Hot peppers increase your metabolism.
14. Yogurt — A great source of protein and calcium, plain yogurt makes a perfect substitute for mayonnaise in dips and salads.
See also: Weight Loss Tips That Really Work